[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.100 features on Sugar 0.102 build

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 1 20:47:39 EDT 2014

G'day German,

Perhaps Gonzalo was asking, in your two builds, which version of the
sugar- package was chosen by olpc-os-builder?

	sudo rpm -q sugar

Gonzalo's question seems to suggest that the dependency on
sugar-cp-background should be declared by the sugar package spec file.
I disagree.  I think it should be a decision by deployment team.

For the OLPC dropbox sugar package [1] the spec file [2] does not have
a Requires for sugar-cp-all or sugar-cp-background, though the
sugar-cp-all has a Requires for sugar-cp-background.

kspkglist.50.sugar.inc [3] in olpc-os-builder has a list of the
sugar-cp-* packages, but not sugar-cp-background (thanks Jerry), and
not sugar-cp-all.

So you can either add sugar-cp-background to kspkglist.50.sugar.inc,
or add the package to the .ini file.  gnome-backgrounds might also be
added, although you might also add deployment themed backgrounds.

I'm in favour of adding sugar-cp-background to kspkglist.50.sugar.inc
in OLPC's repository, but I shall wait for this discussion to resolve.