[Sugar-devel] Getting started with tickets

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 16 19:32:42 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Sam P. <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 17, 2014 5:56 AM, "Aman Srivastava" <eamanshrivastava at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I needed some help getting started with tickets #2136 or #4671.
> > #2136 is Calculate doesn't respond to stop during a long calculation
>
> Maybe run calculations in a background thread?

+1. In theory we should not execute long blocking tasks in the GUI thread.

> > #4671 is an enhancement to add voice recognition.
>
> This one is a big feature.  You would need to start a big design
> discussion and stuff.

Yes, is a long feature and is unlikely will be finished before our feature
freeze.

There are a start in the project Sugar listens
More informaton here http://rodrigo-parra.tumblr.com/
Maybe you can work with Rodrigo Parra to help him to include the work
in sugar master.

Gonzalo

> > How do you think I could go about these tickets?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aman Srivastava
> > Project Mudra

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning