[Sugar-devel] ASLO

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 07:19:49 EDT 2014

Hi Gonzalo,

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> Would be good separate the features from the implementation.
> "Search by activity name or description" is a feature, "websockets" or
> "json database"
> is a implementation detail. Is important have clear _what_ we need,
> and later define _how_ achieve that.

LOL. Yeah, I will fix that up :)

> Then we need start with the features the actual ASLO have:

Here is my progress (I will probably just paste this into the wiki).

>  * Stores every version of a activity (.xo, release notes, screenshots).

Added that

> * Can search by text or activity description (English only)

Yep. The search is even done client side so it is (almost) instant.

> * UI localized

I have that feature, but no translations :)

> * Activities have categories

I will add that. I'm not really sure what categories to do, maybe these:
http://jsfiddle.net/H5sAH/2/ (I tried to base it off the ASLO but the
ASLO's categories IMHO are pretty confusing)?

Also maybe put the categories in a categories field in activity.info?

>  * Users can add comments and stars

Yep.

> * Offer the last activity version available based on the user Sugar
> version (if use Browse activity)
> etc

Just did that.

> you can add the new features we need:
>
> * support i18n (search in languages different than English)

Yep, got that.

> * make easier publish a new version

* automatic publish of development versions with github hooks

I think so. I've probably also made it a pain to not use github hooks :)

> * bugs reports? (will create bus in bugs.sugarlabs.org?)

That is a good idea! Maybe let developers choose between that and github
issues?

>  * improve communication with the developers?

Well the aslo2 has lost all references to firefox :)
Also I have replies in that comments which let developers or community
members reply, and I should add email notifications.

> I don't know if I am missing something, have all this clear will be good
> in a big project like this.

Sam