[Sugar-devel] Happy / Sad laptop system load monitor

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Fri May 23 05:16:01 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 22:34 -0005, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi,
> I remember Sugar as deployed in Dextrose 1 had a signature happy/sad
> laptop icon and both memory / cpu load indicators.
>

> I am dogfooding Sugar again on a memory constrained laptop and am in
> need of a memory monitor, and this would be lovely.
>

> Is that code alive? Maybe it was a good idea to have by default.

I remember testing that on a low resource machine and the avatar lagged
the events, and was not educational.

I felt that the ability to embed a couple of elements from conky [1] in
the frame would be superior. I have found conky to be understood by very
young testers.

Regards,
Iain

[1] http://conky.sourceforge.net/