[Sugar-devel] ASLO

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed May 21 08:24:08 EDT 2014

Hi Sam,

First, the more visible issue: the animations are not good for the XOs.

Second, I see you are investing a ton of work on this.
I don't know if there are some wiki page with the plan about
what features would need a hypothetical ASLO2..
if is not, can you prepare one with the points we already discussed?

One feature in the actual ASLO is try detect the sugar version
(Browse activity set the sugar version in the user_agent)
and show you the the last activity version compatible with your Sugar
version)
If can't identify the Sugar version, show a "defaut version" I think now is
configured
as Sugar 0.94 or so. That is the reason at times you don't see the last
activity
version in ASLO. May be you can ask to the user and set a cookie.

Other useful feature in ASLO is show all the versions and let the user
download anyone.

I am curious about if your site is taking all the information from the .xo
file,
as we talked, could you document the logic on the same wiki page?

Is great have a prototype to try, is easier discuss ideas in this way.

Regards,

Gonzalo

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please check out my ASLO idea.
> I have hosted it here:
>
> http://128.199.197.37/
>

> I would love any feedback :)
>
> Sam

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning