[Sugar-devel] XO on Fedora 20 (was Re: [GSoC] Porting To Python3)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri May 9 09:50:55 EDT 2014

>>> If anybody would like to work on moving olpc-os-builder to something
>>> more recent, feel free.  It isn't something OLPC is looking at right
>>> now, but it would be helpful to the users.
>>>
>>> Not the die hard 0.98 users, of course.  ;-)
>>

>> I'm giving that a try. I was able to build a Fedora 20 image for XO 1.5
>>
>> https://github.com/dnarvaez/olpc-os-builder
>
> olpc-os-builder git master also has F20 support, as of a few months
> ago. Can't remember how good the result was.

I suspect wifi and anything that needed firmware will fail to work
because of changes in the firmware loading interface needs newer
kernels (3.4 is too old for example)

Support of the XOs in Fedora upstream is something I've been asked
about a number of times of late by varying different people.

Peter