[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] Porting To Python3

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:54:39 EDT 2014

On 1 May 2014 14:42, kunal arora <kunalarora.135 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I did some research and found that it would be best to port sugar in
> the following way:
>
> 1) Resolve the dependency issue - mainly telepathy . Telepathy-python has
> been deprecated , so what would be the best way to deal with this? Would it
> best to just port it to python3 or something else?

I suppose the best would be to port our code to use gobject introspection.
But that assumes telepathy-glib has good enough introspection support. Also
it would need to be tested very carefully, collaboration is buggy enough as
is, better not introduce regressions :)

Did you ask if maintainers would take patches to port to python3? Do you
know if it would be trivial or a lot of work?