[Sugar-devel] [Design] Develop activity

Kamal Kaur kamal.kaur188 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:53:45 EDT 2014

Hello Designers,

I just ran the Develop activity the first time which opens multiple
files. Something looked strange to me there about the tabs and their
colors.

As Gonzalo told me in IRC that we need to be consistent with the
Browse activity regarding tabs and colors, I agree. But I had a bad
user experience when I opened 2-3 files there, it took several seconds
and several clicks to get to know which file was I viewing out of
these 3.

I mean, the tab which is open has a black color same as Browse
activity( of tab name / file name)  and those next to it are grey. As
the other tabs remain grey and also the color behind an image in an
image file is grey, looks grey as a whole making me feel that grey is
highlighted and that grey file is opened. See here:
http://202.164.53.122/~kamaljeet/sugar.png

Here, it seems like the first file is open but actually it is the
second one. So there is some problem with grabbing user's attention to
the opened file. Although grey seems more eye catching and highlighted
than black but IDK if it can be changed in Browse activity as well.

IMO, either the opened file must be highlighted grey(I prefer this) or
the color behind opened image should be changed or a third thing that
we can do is changing the position of image(Text can be above and the
image below).

I just want you to look into the matter and take suitable action
regarding good user experience.

Thank you

--
Kamaljeet Kaur