[Sugar-devel] GSoC'14 Proposal: Turtle Art 3D

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Sat Mar 22 21:58:44 EDT 2014

To the best of my recollection, most if not all of the XO laptop series
does not have hardware 3D support for Linux.

The drivers simply were not made, partially because turning on the 3D
engine drains power faster.

You could try doing things through mesa's software OpenGL implementation,
although I don't recall how much of it is installed on XOs by default.