[Sugar-devel] Activity failed to start!

Kamal Kaur kamal.kaur188 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 18:46:35 EDT 2014

Hello developers

Can you please help me know the right way to download/install
activities in sugar? I downloaded "Etoys" and "Develop 40" from
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/ from browser activity.
Both are shown in journal. But when opened, activity icon flashes and
there is a message: "Activity failed to start" Stop [ ] ( with stop
button.

Even I couldn't find the logs in log activity. While trying to find it
out, I reached here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Python_Standard_Logging_in_Sugar

And from the above link, I tried 'sugar-launch <activity-name>'
command. Which gave the output:

kamal at kamal:~/sugar-build$ sugar-launch Etoys
The program 'sugar-launch' can be found in the following packages:
 * sugar-tools-0.84
 * sugar-tools-0.86
 * sugar-tools-0.88
 * sugar-tools-0.90
 * sugar-tools-0.96
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>

So I used apt-get to install Etoys. It has downloaded 44.3MBs data.
But the same problem is there.

What I'm doing wrong?

--
Kamaljeet Kaur