[Sugar-devel] GSoC'14 Proposal: Turtle Art 3D

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu Mar 20 13:14:13 EDT 2014

> Dear All,
>
> I have drafted my GSoC 2014 proposal for the project : Turtle Art 3D
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014/AnubhavJ/Turtle_Art_3D
>
> There's also a prototype that I created implementing the basic functions of Turtle Art 3D:
> https://github.com/Anubhav-J/TA3D
>
> It would be great to hear some feedback and comments on the proposal as well as ideas on improving the prototype from the community.

Great!  I had to install PyOpenGL in order to run it (in Fedora, sudo
yum install PyOpenGL).

I think the prototype can gain a lot if you allow the user to move the
camera.  Maybe make the camera rotate around the center of coordinates
when the user moves the mouse or does touch&drag on the screen.  That
is called "trackball camera" in some projects like ThreeJS.

i'm very tempted to do a port in JS and ThreeJS :)  By the way have
you considered those technologies plus sugar-web for the project?

--
.. manuq ..