[Sugar-devel] Interest in Platipy Project as a part of GSoC '14

Gaurav Parida gparida94 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:05:10 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am Gaurav Parida, a student from IIIT Hyderabad, India. I came across the
Platipy project listed in the ideas section for Google Summer Of Code 2014
and find it very interesting to be taken as a GSoC project.

I have been using python since last two years as a part of coursework
assignments, and many projects. I have had used Pygame and know the basics
of it (learnt it here <http://inventwithpython.com/pygame/chapters/>).I
have also had experience in game development with openGL. Here is my github
profile <https://github.com/gauravp94>, listing all my past projects.

I have been an active contributor for the Sugarlabs community since a few
months.
Currently, I am going over the
documentation<http://platipy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html>of
Spyral and I will read more on PyGame and will set up the
example.activity by tomorrow and I will keep the community updated with my
progress in it.

I would be really grateful if the mentors could give me some pointers on
1. How to proceed with the project as of now ?
2. What are the major hurdles that need to be accomplished ?
3. Are there tasks for Spyral that can be done now? (so that I could get
familiarized with the specific code and work on it

4. Informal / Optional: Are there students who are working on Spyral,
 applying for the project? (I am asking so that I won't cross over other's
work and interrupt their progress)

Thanks,
Gaurav