[Sugar-devel] Feedback on using 0.100 in deployment

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 16 18:01:18 EDT 2014

Hi Martin,
AU has been using sugar 0.100 images (with a few other fixes we are trying
to push upstream in 0.102)
from the beginning of the year, first in a few schools, now is being
deployed massively.
The few issues we have found were solved.
What hardware are you using?
We are starting the work to create testing images for 0.102, with the
objective of deploy
these images in the middle of the year.
Would be good know about your plans to share experiences, testing and work.
Regards,

Gonzalo

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Martin Dluhos <martin at gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here at OLE Nepal, we are intending to use Sugar 0.100 as the base image
> for our
> next XO-4 deployment. Is Sugar 0.100 considered stable now? I've been
> playing
> with the latest image a little bit and haven't run into any major issues,
> so I
> am inclined to recommend it to OLE.
>
> I know AU has been using Sugar 0.100 in the recent XO-4 deployments. Can
> anyone
> provide any feedback on using 0.100 in a live deployment in AU or anywhere
> else?
> It would be very useful for us at OLE to know if there are any potential
> issues
> with 0.100 to be aware of before we deploy it in the field.
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Learning Software for children