[Sugar-devel] Weirdness in sugar git repository

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:10:33 EDT 2014

Hello,

thanks for reporting this. As discussed on irc, I have cherry picked and
pushed the missing commits, I'm now releasing 0.101.5.

It's not really clear to me how it happened. Looking at the buildbot logs,
pull started breaking after my 0.101.4 commit, but looking at my bash
history I was just doing "git push" and "git push --tags". I have no idea
how that could have rewrote the history.

On 12 March 2014 17:51, Martin Abente <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Today I pulled the latest bits from our sugar [1] repo and saw this:
>
>     [tch at tch sugar]$ git pull
>     remote: Counting objects: 3, done.
>     remote: Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
>     remote: Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
>     Unpacking objects: 100% (3/3), done.
>     From git://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar
>      + eed15fe...88ed846 master     -> origin/master  (forced update)
>      * [new tag]         v0.101.4   -> v0.101.4
>     Merge made by the 'recursive' strategy.
>      configure.ac | 2 +-
>      1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> That didn't look right to me, so I also checked some of the pull requests and noticed that most [2,3,4,5] of our pull requests have a lot commits that weren't there before.
>
> Could it be that someone changed the history at some point (ie., using --force)?
>
> Other ideas?
>
> tch.
>
> Refs:
> 1. https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar