[Sugar-devel] Feature freeze

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:25:17 EDT 2014

I disagree. From https://wiki.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/TimeBased

--

Although we agree on rough aims for each major release, and attempt to
achieve those aims, GNOME releases are time-based rather than

--

IMO delaying feature freeze is very clearly against that definition, in
many ways.

> Many projects working with time based releases, like libreoffice, gnome or
> fedora
> adjust the schedules if they consider worth it.

I honestly don't remember any of these projects making a decision to delay
*feature* freeze two weeks after the deadline. I could be wrong of course,
I have not followed every single releases of them.

More importantly, even if they did, it wouldn't mean their decision was
consistent with the time based release schedule rationale. Sometimes it's
worth to make compromises.

To articulate my point a bit more

1 Delaying feature freeze after the deadline is obviously against time
based release definition and rationale.
2 I don't see anything special with the current situation that would
suggest we should compromise on our time based approach.