[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] webaccounts panel

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:09:08 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> emptypanel [1] show a white panel with a icon centered,
> a text and a button. Is used in Read or ImageViewer
> when start without a object, and is similar to the journal
> when is empty.

OK. But there is not an emptypanel method anywhere in the toolkit.
I've added the icon to the panel [2] in the same spirit as emptypanel
in Read and ImageViewer, but I didn't use your code as (1) it is
overly complicated for this purpose, e.g., I don't need an add button;
and (2) we are migrating over to the use of Gtk.Grid.

I do have one outstanding concern regarding my patch: when I added the
webservices extension, I neglected to add a public method for getting
the service name. Right now, I have this helper method:

def get_service_name(service):
    if hasattr(service, '_account'):
        return service._account.get_description()
    return ''

I could hide some of this in src/jarabe/webservices/accountsmanager.py
but I am wondering if anyone has a better idea?

regards.

-walter

[2] http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/Screenshot%20of%20No%20Webservices%20Available.png