[Sugar-devel] Need for volunteers in maintaining the activities repos on g.sl.o

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 5 15:39:03 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Christian Stroetmann <stroetmann at ontolab.com
> wrote:

>  Sorry, I forgot to read the Wiki carefully.
>
> I think I am better for the documentation for users, actually.

Documentation for users is very important, more hands and eyes are always
useful.

You can:

* Download the last version of Help activity.
* Download the last version of any documented activity.
* Check if the documentation is updated, or there are errors.
* If you want, can create documentation for a activity not documented in
Help yet.

> For the very beginning the following task are interesting:
> Localization respectively translation into german.

We are working with Kalpa Welivitigoda and Ian Brown Douglas to make the
content of help localizable.
The localization process is not so automatic as we wish, but if you want
work with us, will be great.

> Could you explain in more detail or give a link about what the "review of
> work" task is? It is in the paragraph Contact on the referenced webpage.

"Review of work" means check the work done works, don't break anything and
is ready to be included.

> Ideas, as usual :), about how Help could evolve.
>
> "Compare with the old content, and check if something is missing ..." It
> is in the paragraph Wish list for new documentation.

The old content is here
http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/old_help/XO_Introduction.html

The tasks is check if something was lost when reorganized.

Gonzalo