[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] replace combo box on language panel

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:35:08 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

>>> otherwise just remove the palette look (black background, white
>>> foreground) and use a grey border as container (like comments in
>>> journal details)
>>>

>> I am mimicking the look and feel of the Journal now [1].
>
> Looking great.
>
> What was the rationale behind 4 columns for language and 3 for
> country?  The list is longer? Just curious.

I set the max width for the widget to to be screen width / 2. But I
use few columns if I don't need them. Only a few languages have as
many locale variants as Spanish.

BTW, I think there is a missing translation somewhere. Only Spanish
doesn't seem to get translated. All the other language names do. (This
is when the language is set to Spanish). I don't think this was a bug
I introduced.

Also, note that I do sort the country names alphabetically. It is not
correct in the illustration.

regards.

-walter

--