[Sugar-devel] One for Grandma and Grandpa

imm ian.macarthur123 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 2 09:57:07 EST 2014

I wonder who is off-topic here?

I doubt that it is Martin, since he has demonstrated many times, in practical ways, his commitment to the project.

The OP's suggestion of re-purposing Sugar for use with elderly users or the less technically literate is neither new, original or innovative. It has been discussed many times, all the way back to times before sugarlabs became separate from olpc.

I certainly recall olpc saying at the time it was not their primary focus so they were not pursuing it, but nevertheless it clearly was a concept that already existed back then. So the OP's suggestion that the idea is original seems disingenuous, since it clearly is not.
--
Sent, perhaps surprisingly, from my Fairphone FP1