[Sugar-devel] Stuck in writing tests for sugar activities

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jun 6 18:44:30 EDT 2014

For similar testing of other programs I have used xvkbd with the -text
option, which uses the XTEST extension to simulate keyboard events.

I suggest you look for programs that use the XTEST extension to send
keyboard and mouse events.

On Debian and Ubuntu, the xvkbd package depends on libxtst6 package,
which is the package that implements access to the XTEST extension.

A command which lists other packages that depend on XTEST is:

	apt-cache rdepends libxtst6

This gives me a list of 108 software packages.  Several I can exclude.
Some I looked at briefly.  For providing input, these packages may be
of interest: xmacro, xautomation, python-virtkey, gnee (GNU Xnee),
cnee, actionaz.

Previous attempts at testing have used accessibility layers of GTK,
but these would only work with GTK based activities.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/