[Sugar-devel] Write Activity on XO-4, spell check isn't working

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jun 3 11:36:44 EDT 2014

Hi Gustavo,
We disabled spell checking in abiword rpms, because made Write activity
very slow [1]
You can compile rpms with the spell enabled using the specs and patches
located here [2]
The ideal solution would be find the slowness reason.
Surely will need work on the abiword sources.

Gonzalo

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4124
[2] https://git.sugarlabs.org/olpc-abiword-rpm

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Gustavo Duarte <gus.duarte at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The spell check, on write activity of my XO-4 touch, I mean when I write a
> word misspelled, it isn't red underlined.
>
> I'm using Write Activity 94 version downloaded from SugarLabs Activities
> page.
>
> Also I verified that the following packages are installed already:
>
> - enchant-aspell-1.6.0-5.fc18.armv7hl
> - aspell-0.60.6.1-5.fc18.armv7hl
> - aspell-es-1.11-4.fc18.armv7hl
>
> Thought about what it's happening here ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gustavo.

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning