[Sugar-devel] Testing images with SUgar 0.102

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 28 22:08:36 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> Great work!

Thanks James.

> Could you please include devel at lists.laptop.org in your release
> announcements?

Good point. Forwarded.

> Are there any patches in the SL102 branch [1] that you'd like to push
> upstream?  I've looked at them.

I would love to see official OLPC images with Sugr 0.102,
in that case you can use everything you want :)

The changes are mostly related with the change in Sugar from GConf to
GSettings,
added dconf as a dependency (we need add it to sugar rpm as Requires)
and a few configs.

The sugar rpms are the Fedora 20 rpms rebuilded in F18.
I just needed do a single change in the sugar rpm (I am working with
pbrobinson to push it upstream)
and needed remove libwebkit2gtk from the Requires on sugar-toolkit-gtk3

> What effect did the removal of Gnome [2] have on the available disk space
> on XO-1?  It seemed negligible when I tried it.

I tried to build a XO-1 image with gnome,and just at start Sugar show a
message of
Journal full. Removing gnome solved the problem, but I found dconf was not
installed,
then the configuration were not saved. Also gstreamer-python was needed by
some activities.

> Can you also publish the 41001SL0.zd{,.md5} files for use with
> external SD card?  If not, you might remove [sd_card_image] from your
> .ini file and save some time.

Ahh, that is the use of these files :)
Uploading....

Gonzalo