[Sugar-devel] Sugar on the "Android image"

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 7 23:10:13 EDT 2014

Thanks.

Yes, the OLPC Android test builds include OLPC OS 13.2.0, because they
had to contain something in order to test the boot choice menu.

At this stage we have a clear requirement from our customer to build
the infrastructure so that a dual-boot Android and OLPC OS can be
assembled by them.  The build of Linux embedded in those test builds
was not part of the test scope, as the customer will use their own
build.

Volunteers at Sugar Labs have already produced more recent Sugar
builds for the OLPC XO.

How would OLPC packaging Sugar 0.102 in the Android test build help
anybody?  I don't see a clear need for OLPC to do this.

Meanwhile, I've accepted patches to olpc-os-builder so that others can
make builds when they need to, and I'm happy to explain how to use
olpc-os-builder and improve the documentation to make it more
accessible.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/