[Sugar-devel] Unable to open files in Read Activity

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 7 08:25:56 EDT 2014

I have tried here, with a XO with Sugar 0.100, and with a desktop \with a
updated sugar-build,
but I can't reproduce the problem.
Looking at the log, looks like a error trying to identify the mime type.
What is the name of the file? Is in the Journal, usb device or in the
Documents folder?
You also can add log in readactivity.py, method _load_document,
after:

        if 'mime_type' not in self.metadata or not
self.metadata['mime_type']:
            mimetype = Gio.content_type_guess(filepath, None)[0]
            self.metadata['mime_type'] = mimetype
        else:
            mimetype = self.metadata['mime_type']

and see what mimetype ws detected.