[Sugar-devel] The need for a notification system

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Jan 28 08:00:00 EST 2014

Hi Sam,

2014-01-27 Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve been working on some stuff recently and I really see the need for a
> simple notification system. One example of a user of the system is here:
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/pull/96. The thing is I’m
> not sure how we want the system implemented. Maybe it would be good to have
> a discussion about this stuff as I think it would be used a lot, both inside
> the system and inside activities.

for notifications we use GObject signals.  And DBus for system -
activities notifications.

In your special case, I'm not sure about adding a "few space left in
the device" in Sugar.

See how Browse checks for the available disk space without calling
another process:
https://git.sugarlabs.org/browse/mainline/blobs/master/downloadmanager.py#line299

--
.. manuq ..