[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Less confusing activities list

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 20 18:15:47 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:32:15AM +1100, Sam Parkinson wrote:
> I was thinking we could fix this issue by adopting an icon view for the
> activities list. It sort of looks a little tablety, which is good considering
> some of the sugar deployments are almost tablets (XO-4). Here is a prototype:
> https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-W5cngQcZCeg/UtzmsQYgbzI/AAAAAAAAA_w/
> KS_NuNRdeko/w821-h621-no/design-icons.png
> Maybe this would be good? I just wanted to get some feedback before I continued
> :)

I like it.

Perhaps there is also room for showing time since last used, or maybe
replace time since activity was installed.  That would fix the annoying
"six year old activities" problem.

Don't forget a cascaded change of the icon at the top right corner;
it should be a series of rectangles rather than a series of lines.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/