[Sugar-devel] Does it make sense to have Activities copy text to the clipboard?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:55:18 EST 2014

The code for the Activity is here:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/myo-sugar-activities-examples/mainline/blobs/master/Add_Refinements_gtk3/ReadEtextsActivity2.py

The code being executed is:

def edit_toolbar_copy_cb(self, button):
        textbuffer = self.textview.get_buffer()
        begin, end = textbuffer.get_selection_bounds()
        copy_text = textbuffer.get_text(begin, end,  False)
        self.clipboard.set_text(copy_text)

The definition for self.clipboard is:

       self.clipboard = Gtk.Clipboard()

on line 166.

This code is similar to what was in my Read Etexts Activity. I'll have
to see if that one still works. I know textbuffer.get_text() used to
take only two parameters and now needs three.

But thanks for confirming that the clipboard works as I described.
That means it's my problem and I can try and figure it out.

James Simmons