[Sugar-devel] Inhibit suspend support on sugar toolkit

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 13 17:51:23 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 07:53:06PM -0200, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Can you confirm if loosing packages is a problem only with libertas
> or affect also mwifiex? I am not sure neither how the drivers map to
> xo models.

I don't know if packet loss over suspend is a problem with mwifiex.

libertas is the driver for the Marvell 8686 wireless device, used in
all XO-1.5, all XO-1.75, and some XO-4.  This is a 2.4 GHz device.

mwifiex is the driver for the Marvell 8787 wireless device, used in
some XO-4.  This is a 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and Bluetooth device.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware/Identifying_Wireless_LAN_Device
describes how to identify the device using firmware.

You can use other methods on Linux to identify the device.

A deployment would generally be aware of the device requested in the
manufacturing order.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/