[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.101.1 (unstable)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:02:19 EST 2014

On 13 January 2014 12:38, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > here is another unstable release. There are several bug fixes, many of
> them
> > submitted by the Google Code In participants. The most invasive change is
> > probably the long overdue port from GConf to GSettings.
>
> Awesome, is there some details about this somewhere in terms of
> changes for packagers? Do we support conversion of settings etc?

We support conversion but it shouldn't require anything on the packaging
side. Packaging should be the same of other apps using gsettings, i.e. run
glib-compile-schemas. What is probably unusual is that we will keep GConf
around for a while, to not break activities. So the package will need to
require and setup both gconf and gsettings.