[Sugar-devel] Sora wants ALL Journal entries saved to USB

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 11 20:05:49 EST 2014

A simple way to backup all the journal is in the terminal
zip (or tar) the directory .sugar

Also, I don't know if will work with the version of sugar they are using,
but you can try the activities:
Backup http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4326
and
Restore http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4327

Gonzalo

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM, George Hunt <georgejhunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you need to ask a larger more knowledgeable group.  I don't know.
>
> There is certainly a bash script that would preserve the journal onto USB,
> but I don't know if the next revision of an activity would recognize the
> restored journal tree as it's own.
>
> There's the risk that the journal "file system" changed from one OS to the
> next, and would thereafter cease to function correctly. I'm pretty sure
> there is no "general solution that works immediately". This is the sort of
> thing I'd not want to be hasty about.
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Adam Holt <holt at unleashkids.org> wrote:
>
>> Do we tell her this is impossible?
>>
>> She wants a general solution that works immediately In The Field, to
>> backup / capute here students work, without requiring a school server.
>>
>> She is quite tired of losing all her students work at every school, prior
>> to reflashing 12.1.0 XO-1 units to HaitiOS 0.6 etc.
>>
>> Naturally I told her multiselect is not available prior to
>> wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.100 and that's not what she wants to hear -- *any
>> other options at all?*
>>
>> --
>> Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Learning Software for children