[Sugar-devel] Extending freeze deadlines

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 08:11:01 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

I propose to extend the bug fixing period by 2 more weeks, by moving
current freeze deadlines [1]. With this change the freeze deadlines would
be:

   - String, UI and API freeze to January 15 (instead of January 1).
   - Code freeze to February 15 (instead of February 1).

One reason is that we are receiving a good amount of bug fixes from Google
Code-In participants, and it wouldn't make sense to discard their
contributions just because of a deadline, specially  when the contest ends
on mid January too. Another reason is that we could use these 2 extra weeks
to do more testing, ie., Gonzalo is preparing a testing image for the XO4
with up-to-date sugar-* packages I provided [2]. Lastly, I made some extra
room in the original road map for this kind of things, so the real "delay"
in the release would be only for 1 week.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Martin.

Refs: