[Sugar-devel] Widget to show a notification message with a link

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Fri Dec 5 10:27:34 EST 2014

I think the firs option is the best. That addition was discussed a few times
but never implemented in Sugar.
Please share your code then can be added in the next version of Sugar.

Gonzalo

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Gustavo Duarte <gus.duarte at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I need build an app, which shows a message to kids with some text and
> one link which could be opened by Browser activity, like a
> notification.
>
> I know that already exist a way, to show notifications which will be
> placed on the top bar,  by dbus, "org.freedesktop.Notifications",
> however it doesn't work for because, when I did a click on the link
> the Browser activity isn't opened.
>
>         DBUS_NAME="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
>         OBJ_PATH="/org/freedesktop/Notifications"
>         icon = None
>         IFACE_NAME="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
>         bus = dbus.SessionBus()
>         notify_obj = bus.get_object(DBUS_NAME,OBJ_PATH)
>         notifications=dbus.Interface(notify_obj,IFACE_NAME)
>         notifications.Notify("",0,icon,'Title',"www.google.com",[], hints
> ,-1)
>

> I think, may be, I have  tow options,
>
> 1) Add a kind of event, on the notification widget, to recognise the
> click and open the Browser activity.
>
> 2) Make another type of widget, like a Dialog, where ca be easier add
> an event click to open the Browser.
>
> What is your opinion ? Are there other obvious options, that I'm can't
> seeing ?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gustavo.

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning