[Sugar-devel] Widget to show a notification message with a link

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:54:24 EST 2014

Hi Guys,

I need build an app, which shows a message to kids with some text and
one link which could be opened by Browser activity, like a
notification.

I know that already exist a way, to show notifications which will be
placed on the top bar,  by dbus, "org.freedesktop.Notifications",
however it doesn't work for because, when I did a click on the link
the Browser activity isn't opened.

        DBUS_NAME="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
        OBJ_PATH="/org/freedesktop/Notifications"
        icon = None
        IFACE_NAME="org.freedesktop.Notifications"
        bus = dbus.SessionBus()
        notify_obj = bus.get_object(DBUS_NAME,OBJ_PATH)
        notifications=dbus.Interface(notify_obj,IFACE_NAME)
        notifications.Notify("",0,icon,'Title',"www.google.com",[], hints ,-1)

I think, may be, I have  tow options,

1) Add a kind of event, on the notification widget, to recognise the
click and open the Browser activity.

2) Make another type of widget, like a Dialog, where ca be easier add
an event click to open the Browser.

What is your opinion ? Are there other obvious options, that I'm can't seeing ?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo.