[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] optional automatic updates

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:34:03 EDT 2014

Hey James,

You lost me there :) We definitely have many other improvements we should
add to the updater, but with this particular feature, only two things
happen when a activity is "marked" as optional (in the microformat file):

a) the uptomatic updater (where there is no user interaction) skips that
activity for upgrade or installation.
b) the activity is not selected by default in CP updater UI list.

This way, deployments won't force clients to download some activities (ie.,
if they are too big), but users can still get these updates or new
activities if they select them in CP updater UI list.