[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] optional automatic updates

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:34:56 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

A few development cycles ago, dsd added a useful new feature: automatic
activities updates. This has been of great help in deployments such as in
Australia. However, because the current implementation will always update
or install activities (when working in automatic mode), some deployments
might be unable to use this feature. A real case scenario is when some of
the activities are too big for massive activities updates.

Therefore, I propose to extend microformat updater with an extra field to
mark activities as optional, so these optional activities won't be
installed or upgraded automatically. This flexibility will allow
deployments to use automatic updates and user will benefit from automatic
updates.

I have created a feature page [1] with more details and a initial
implementation [2] of the feature itself (because is easier for me to talk
with working code).

Let me know what you guys think!

Regards,
tch.