[Sugar-devel] How to change onscreen keyboard layout.

Basanta Shrestha basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org
Wed Apr 30 01:49:19 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> As James mentioned, the first option is to provide a ne.xml layout file in
> /usr/share/maliit/plugins/languages/ (ie., you could use es_us.xml as model,
> or copy it entirely).
>
> The second option, IIRC, is to force maliit to always use a specific layout
> (from the ones that are available) with a configuration file [1,2]. Let me
> know if you try this option, so we can update [3], as I lost the fpasted
> example (my bad).
>
> Refs:
> 1. http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/12166/server.conf
> 2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44898616&postcount=33
> 3. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12750

HI Martin,
Using option 1, I could choose which layout to use. I am using
server.conf instead to use "en_us".xml now.

This is how my server.conf look like now.

[maliit]
onscreen\active=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_us
pluginsettings\libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so\current_style=olpc-xo
onscreen\enabled=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_us

Thank you