[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] age by year instead of by groups of years

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:04:06 EDT 2014

We've been asked (by OLPC AU) to make the age selection granularity be
one year rather than the current 2-3 years.* Rather than clutter the
AboutMe panel with more "pickers", I have been playing with a slider
as illustrated in [1]. The icon grows as the age increases and the
label changes to reflect the current age.

A few ideas for improvements?

(1) just scale the gender icons instead of having a separate icon
(2) center the icon that is scaled
(3) move the icon with the slider
(4) vertical (would be easier if we do #1)
(5) no slider: just drag on the icon up or down (maybe with up and
down buttons above and below)

Other ideas?

Gonzalo kindly made [2] as a possibility.

* The also want the ability to enter grade (K-7)

[1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/walter/AboutMe3.png
[2] http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/images/AboutMe3.png

regards.

-walter