[Sugar-devel] SugarGames, GTK3 and fonts ?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:11:57 EDT 2013

On 25 September 2013 18:53, laurent bernabe <laurent.bernabe at gmail.com>wrote:

> I thought about translating my application into a Sugar Web applications,
> but :
>
>    - I don't know well sugar web library (sorry, I went to the developper
>    page, looking at sources :
>    http://developer.sugarlabs.org/sugar-web/README.md.html)

Yeah, we are clearly lacking documentation... It's probably going to be a
bit of a blocker for new people to write web activities.

That said, there are several simple activities that has been developed and
should be a good guide to learn the API.

>    - The resulting program will probably not be compatible with sugar
>    0.94 to 0.98
>
> Otherwise I am very interested in writing a sugar web version, using
> KinectJs for example

If the situation with deployments using old versions of Sugar is hopeless
perhaps we should develop wrappers for old versions.

The current situation is pretty bad... The official toolkit, gtk3, doesn't
provide helpful API's for most activities you could want to write. And it's
apparently not deployed yet and already obsolete.

It seems like getting sugar-web to work on old sugar versions could provide
a way out of this.