[Sugar-devel] Is it possible to access to my Host System home folder from sugar-build instance ?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:04:11 EDT 2013

On 15 September 2013 15:44, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 September 2013 15:15, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 15 September 2013 14:12, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Another issue that activity developers encounter is lack of access to
>>> ~/Documents. xdg-user-dir find the chroot home rather than the
>>> developer's home.
>>>

>> Are you using ~/Documents to exchange stuff between your main desktop and
>> sugar?
>>

> What about sugar-build/home/documents? It should be possible to make that
> work.

The only other alternative I can think of is to mount ~/Documents inside
the chroot. I'm not really keen about that though, because if you (or
sugar-build) accidentally deleted the chroot with ~/Documents mounted, you
would also delete it's content from the host system... I'm not sure if
there is a way around that, I think it's also the reason I decided to mount
only sugar-build instead of the whole user home...