[Sugar-devel] Are we ready for code freeze?

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Mon Sep 2 20:37:17 EDT 2013

On 2 September 2013 19:20, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 09:09:09PM -0300, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
> > >
> > > How can I test on an XO?
> >
> > That's the question, James.  We don't have images this time.  In
> > previous releases, we had many periodic builds for testing.  So this
> > is something we need to solve as a community.  I hope that the AU
> > deploy could make one soon so we can all test.
>
> Is this new release of Sugar so different it can't even be retrofitted
> onto OLPC OS 13.2.0?  Can we back out those changes only, so that the
> rest of the changes can be tested?

We have some rpms that are testable:
http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/AU1B/AU1B_4.zip

Instalation:
* Install the olpc 13.2.0 image
http://download.laptop.org/xo-4/os/official/13.2.0-13/32013o4.zd

unzip AU1B_2.zip
rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Notes:
* The modemmanager error happend because now the plan is saved as a integer
insted of as a string. To solve it, we need change the initial
configuration to do:

gconftool-2 --set  /desktop/sugar/network/gsm/plan --type int 2

Happy testing,

Jerry