[Sugar-devel] Are we ready for code freeze?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Sep 2 15:00:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose we don't freeze and instead we keep releasing 0.99.x every four
> weeks, until we feel we have done enough testing and bug fixing. This is not
> what you are supposed to do with time based releases but I'd rather delay
> than release something we can't be proud of.

Just as something to keep in mind, I would say that recent Sugar
release cycles have also had a certain amount of uncertainty around
this time. In previous cases we have just stuck to the timeline (more
or less) and released anyway, especially when it is unclear how long
the delay would otherwise need to be.

Daniel