[Sugar-devel] Principles for ethical technology use

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Oct 29 18:35:10 EDT 2013

Before sending a mail, writing code, editing a Wiki page, releasing an
activity, or pressing enter on IRC;

<quote>

1.  [...] would it be alright if everyone did it?

2.  Is this going to harm or dehumanise anyone, even people I don’t
know and will never meet?

3.  Do I have the informed consent of those who will be affected?

If the answer to any of these questions is “no”, then it is arguably
unethical to do it.

</quote>

Quote is from the middle of an article by a lecturer in applied ethics
& socio-technical studies:
http://theconversation.com/on-best-behaviour-three-golden-rules-for-ethical-cyber-citizenship-19522

(don't look at me as good at this, but do tell me on failure!)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/