[Sugar-devel] Activity Central's Sugar related priorities.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:08:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM, David Farning
<dfarning at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> As a more incremental approach, Activity Central will continue our
> deployment-centric work by porting Dextrose to Ubuntu.

>From a "deploy to XOs PoV" that sounds like a ton of work. You'll
grind against a lot of little problems.

Fedora is no longer behind nor problematic. That was very much true in
earlier times. Some innovative things in Fedora (ie: systemd) have
been very well integrated with the Sugar stack. And some changes in
the Ubuntu pipeline are likely to cause some havoc.

>From a "work for AC customers already using Ubuntu", it probably makes
more sense. Still, the odd directions Ubuntu seems to be going are a
bit of a wildcard. I honestly hope that they settle a bit and make
life for their downstreams a bit easier.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff