[Sugar-devel] Using the DojoToolkit in a Sugar WebService ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 04:08:27 EDT 2013

2013/10/3 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>

> OK, I suggest you give a try to Dojo and come back later to tell us
> how it went.  Your investigation can be valuable for future activity
> developers.

The only drawback, apart to the one you pointed to me, is the size of Dojo
when installing with volo (Maybe, I can download only the core part. Is it
possible with Volo ?) : around  3Mb. And I don't think that is the ideal
for a bundle XO.

> The only thing you'll have to manage is how to use the Dojo loader
> together with the RequireJS loader.  We use RequireJS for AMD.  But
> according to this link, it is possible, and the bug mentioned is fixed
> http://requirejs.org/docs/dojo.html

Thanks. I also think that I can try downloading 1.7 version of Dojo. Is it
possible with Volo ?

If I can "solve" these issues, then I may be ready in order to use Dojo.
Otherwise ... I must learn plain Javascript POO or find another POO
framework.

Regards.