[Sugar-devel] Using the DojoToolkit in a Sugar WebService ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 20:37:42 EDT 2013

2013/10/3 Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org>

> False.  A variable declared with 'var' is visible in the object
> private methods and privileged methods too.  This is worth reading:
>
> http://javascript.crockford.com/private.html

Thanks, I've read this page before, maybe too fast. I am reading it again
in order to understand what I misunderstood before.

> > so it seems to me less flexible that Java approch. And
> > that is because I want to use a framework.
> >
> > Unfortunately, Dojo ... is heavy in size (around 3Mb). And I can't afford
> > relying on this weight.
>
> So, no independient modules as their homepage say?  Can you show how
> they do OOP?

I thought Dojo can be used to make OOP simpler as it has been suggested by
a discussion on Stackoverflow :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/907225/object-oriented-javascript-best-practices
" For instance, the Dojo Toolkit
<http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojo/declare> provides
a robust framework to write object oriented JavaScript codes which even
supports multiple inheritance."

Regards