[Sugar-devel] Possible incompatibility between gtk2 activities and sugar-build

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Nov 27 16:04:27 EST 2013

Asking here to know what to do.
One of our GCI students reported a error trying to run Record activity
in sugar-build. The log show Record is trying to get profile.get_pubkey()
and get a error. get_pubkey() looks for the file owner.key.pub
int the directory env.get_profile_path()

Now, Record is a gtk2 activity, then env.get_profile_path() point to
.sugar/default/
not to the dotsugar directory.

I don't know what is the right solution here,
sugar-build should be compatible with the gtk2 activities
or that is not supposed to work?

Maybe we can document this issue?

We copied this particular issue copying the file to .sugar/default,
but is a workaround, and probably we will find other similar issues.

Regards

Gonzalo