[Sugar-devel] Adding compatibility in webactivity to webkit1

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Nov 27 10:06:23 EST 2013

When we started the work in web activities, we decided work with webkit2,
because is possible solve a few problems in the client side,
without need a local webserver.

But right now, in the XOs, we have F18 working, and Webkit2 crashes,
then I didn't find other solution than modify webactivity to work with
webkit1.
That code was included in the rpms I prepared and the testing images.

I would like propose include this change in master,
used only when a environment variable is set, to make easier the testing,
and be sure the changes we do works in both webkit1 and webkit2.

A first proposal is available here
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/pull/54

Thoughts?

Gonzalo