[Sugar-devel] Web-activity: Store API documentation

Rogelio Mita rogeliomita at activitycentral.com
Tue Nov 26 11:32:19 EST 2013

Hi!

I was doing use of dictstore API on my POC web activity and I found in the
position to want do: "save data when closing activity", trying things and
reading source code I found this paragraph that helped me to do this task:

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/activity/activity.js#L30

> // An activity that handles 'activityStop' can also call
> // event.preventDefault() to prevent the close, and explicitly
> // call activity.close() after storing.

This information is very useful, my propose is start this thread to discuss
the way to documenting Storage API.
The first proposal/task:

   - Make a section on http://developer.sugarlabs.org/ called "Storing
   information" or something like, and:
      - Migrate this
comment<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/activity/activity.js#L30>to
this doc page
      - Make a test or example that describe this situation: "Save when
      closing we activity"
   - Fetch comments similar to that on source code and do same flow
   - Make a introduction of "dictstore API" and document it

Regards!

--
Roger

Activity Central <http://activitycentral.com/>