[Sugar-devel] Layout with gtk3

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 06:18:47 EST 2013

The idea is that Gtk.Grid should solve that kind of stuff, I think. If you
run into cases you can't cover please post about them.

Also if/when we really need to use boxes we should use Gtk.Box which has an
orientation property, not Gtk.VBox/Gtk.HBox. Those are deprecated and often
cause more unnecessary boxes.

On 21 November 2013 12:12, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> We should test to see if that solves the padding issues,
> in particular if we can add vertical and horizontal padding at the same
> time,
> that is the reason we have HBoxes inside VBoxes
>
> Gonzalo
>

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think, in general, we should start using Gtk.Grid for all our layout
>> needs
>>
>> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk-migrating-GtkGrid.html
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Narvaez