[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] SoaS v10 testing and a few minor issues with 0.100

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:15:18 EST 2013

Hi,

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to test SoaS v10 beta directly on a USB key.
>>>
>>> I have a G1G1 XO-1 computer but XO computers are not easily
>>> available for the public at large. So during my demonstrations
>>> I prefer to present Sugar on a Stick in parallel with the XO :
>>> http://ModLibre.info/en/modlibre/info/demo.html
>>>
>>> Is is possible to get an iso image
>>> which could be installed and tested on a usb key ?
>>>
>>> Or when will it be possible ?
>>

>> It's possible now, there's details of where you can get
>> the images from in my original email
>>
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-November/003184.html
>

> Thank you for this information.
>
> I downloaded « *Fedora-Live-Soas-i686-20-Beta-5.iso* »
> from  http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease#desktops
>
> I used a previous procedure with « tools_livecd-iso-to-disk.sh »
> to prepare a booting 4G USB key.
>
> All activities were analyzed with rapid tests.
>
> Nearly everything is OK except for the following points :
>
> - In "My parameters" there is no icon for "keyboard choice".
>   So, it is not possible to get a localized keyboard.
>
> - The "eToys" activity (version 116) does not start properly
>   then displays
>   « cannot find image file: squeak, did you run 'inisqueak-m' ? »

The eToys developers are basically unresponsive, I'm in two minds
whether we even bother to ship it because they can't be bothered doing
things like updating to the latest sugar by migrating away from
sugar-presence-service/ which was deprecated a long time ago.

> - The "Physics" activity (version 11) works well
>   BUT stops when we try to displace an object with the little "hand".

Can you take the log file and send to sugar-devel list.

> - The previous "Jukebox", "Read", "Rule" and "Write" activities
>   do not appear : is it normal ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "previous" and "do not appear"

> - NB: "Jukebox.activity" and "Read.activity" are present
>   in « /usr/share/sugar/activities

Are they in the Activities list? (the icon with lines in the top right
of the home screen)

> Is there a public list where I can send similar diagnostic files ?

Either the SoaS list or sugar-devel should be fine, both were on the